The Director of Digital Marketing and Customer Experience is responsible for bringing customers to our digital channels and ensuring they have the BEST experience possible from first impression onward. The director partners with the VP, Digital on the marketing strategy for TheOuai.com, Amazon and the entire digital ecosystem. They oversee day-to-day management of performance marketing, digital campaigns, CRM and customer relations.
The director is a close partner with the director of Digital Product to ensure the customer experience is optimal for the customer. The role works closely with the marketing, creative, education and operations team to grow OUAI's digital revenue, in a sustainable way, that is in line with the company’s values and goals.
- Developing a deep understanding of the customer and identify opportunities for improving the customer experience and building loyalty.
- Lead digital marketing, performance and CRM through a consumer lens.
- Lead and manage customer relations and build a best in class customer experience.
- Manage Customer relations team hours, feedback loops and KPIs.
- Partner with director of digital product to develop business cases for marketing programs, site recommendations, new feature/functionality, etc.
- Directing and overseeing all customer service policies, objectives, and initiatives.
- Create customer service practices and initiatives.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive digital marketing strategy encompassing digital marketing, CRM, awareness and e-commerce with short and long term KPIs.
- Drive all marketing and promotional campaigns to effectively acquire and retain customers from strategy and planning to implementation.
- Develop product launch strategies across the digital ecosystem. Identify and calendarize triggers being pulled and a continuity plan for post launch success.
- Partner with distributors and retailers on programming, advertising and launch strategies.
- Lead & maintain integrated digital marketing calendar with 3 months of email, programming and content plans.
- Manage external agencies to ensure both revenue and KPI goals are being met while maintaining brand values, integrity and optimal consumer experience.
- Close partnership and collaboration with the marketing and creative teams to drive company-wide marketing initiatives and optimize them in a digital environment.
- Develop marketing programs across digital channels to drive awareness and sales for new and existing products through content, experiences, offers, sampling and advertising.
- Communicate and keep all parties informed of launch plans, digital tactics and results across the digital organization and the stakeholders in other departments use to keep all parties informed of flagship plan, including Customer Relations, Operations, Marketing and Creative.
- Create, plan and manage sampling strategy for TheOuai.com and manage requests for samples from distributors and digital retail partners.
- Lead CRM strategy, plan and testing programs and partner with VP of Digital and Director of digital product for consensus.
- Manage CRM manager who will execute weekly planning, testing, scheduling and launching email communications.
- Oversee email program process and all marketing campaigns by working with key members of creative and marketing: ensure CRM manager submits all creative briefs, collaborate to ideate concepts for messaging, create timelines to adhere to, and report out on KPIs.
- Work with ad agency to create on-brand copy and creative for SEM, Facebook and all other digital campaigns
- Ensure an integrated digital marketing plan by consistently communicating to all third-party vendors and partners the up-to-date launch programs, marketing campaigns and product information.
- Work with marketing and international teams to create launch strategies for new product launches, core sku rollouts, and new site launches.
More About You
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years’ experience in digital marketing with minimum 4+ e-commerce/DTC
- Entrepreneurial, creative, and strategic.
- An inspiring leader and collaborator, excited to build the best digital experience.
- Ego-less, collaborative approach to partner closely with the team and external partners.
- Outstanding communication skills; able to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly.
- Balance of right-brain/left-brain, creative/analytical thinking, grounded in strategy and functionality.
- Forward-thinking approach to business.
- Hands-on, self-directed, team-oriented.
- Interpersonal dexterity to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Desire to work in and promote a positive, collaborative and inclusive environment.