The Visual Merchandising Manager will help maximize our sales in retail environments by executing best in class visual merchandising to capture the attention of the shopper and engage them to learn and shop. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you will work closely with our Creative, Marketing and Sales teams to make brand messaging come to life at the store level. This role will own project management, design kick-off through execution, schedules, budgets, logistics, and all operational aspects of seasonal updates for retail accounts.
- Create a compelling customer experience by constantly optimizing and improve the visual merchandising for the brand at retail.
- Obtain all retailer VM calendars and create Company VM calendar for all retailers based on focus products, launches, and animations.
- Own and create planograms for all retailers.
- Project manage entire fixture update and execution process from kick off through production.
- Act as the liaison between the creative, sales, and marketing teams on VM updates. Liaise with sales and marketing teams, while reviewing SKU performance, to create assortments.
- Work with retailers, vendors and contractors to create and produce fixture designs.
- Partner with OUAI creative team to create renderings for assortment planning and fixture design.
- Value engineer all displays to maximize impact while getting cost savings.
- Manage the annual visual merchandising budget.
- Ensure all retail environments have consistent visual merchandising.
- Routinely visit stores to make sure that all VM is installed correctly and create a punch list for improvements and changes.
- Routinely liaise with retailers, while traveling to see the installations, to determine what is and what isn’t working.
- Obtain retailer and OUAI sales and marketing team approval for all updates.
- Ensure all VM files are up to spec and delivered in a timely manner, checking for type size, spacing, logo placement, etc.
- 4+ years experience in creative project management or visual merchandising, preferably in beauty
- Experience with Sephora and / or Ulta
- Basic design skills a MUST. You are not responsible for creating the VM files, but you will need to evaluate all files and create renderings.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Obsessive-level attention to detail
- High level of initiative to meet deadlines
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
- Can handle high volume of tasks with ease, reacting calmly to changing needs
- Finesse with effective communication, with the ability to keep people on task
- Proofreading skills a must