OUAI (pronounced- “way”) is the casual way of saying “yes” in French. Created by celebrity stylist Jen Atkin, OUAI is about celebrating our imperfections and being better IRL than on Instagram. What started as a haircare brand has evolved into “a OUAI of life” with supplements, fragrance and body products sold at Sephora, Ulta and other beauty retailers all over the globe.
This role is an essential member and leader of the Product Development Department. Reporting to the CEO, this role will be responsible for overseeing the global product development strategy, including compliance and trademark registration. As a member of the Leadership Team, your focus will be on how product development contributes to the overall success of the company, including cross-functional collaboration and ensuring the parameters of the product development timeline, budget and schedule are followed. You will manage, develop and inspire the product development expertise of direct and in-direct reports.
Some of the Day-to-Day...
- Develop and execute overall product development strategy
- Establish process and guidelines to ensure compliance with all regulations, safety standards, social mission standards and product quality standards
- Partner closely with cross functional teams to ensure timely product launches, managing risks and understanding tradeoffs along the development process while delivering products with the highest standards for quality and performance
- Oversee, manage and report all clinical, sensory and consumer testing for products in development
- Support international expansion activities, including evaluation / reforms for compliance, locally relevant claims, and registration
- Support training for retail and customer support, including usage instructions, Q&A’s, etc.
- Develop new product concepts with a focus on increased innovation and idea generation that is in line with brand positioning and sales strategy
- Ensure that cost of goods targets are met for all products being developed
- Manage, coach and mentor Product Development team members (2 team members)
- Minimum of 12 years experience working in product development in personal care
- Experience working in beauty or for a lifestyle brand required
- Experience leading global product development with a strong understanding of international regulations and compliance required
- Experience with trademark registration required
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal)
- Creative problem-solving skills
The OUAI we work
- We aren’t afraid to go first
- We don’t compete we collaborate
- We ask questions to find the best answers
- We keep it real no matter what
- We work hard and live well
Some of our amazing benefits include:
- Flexible working to all of our employees
- Unlimited vacation days
- 24 paid holidays a year + Summer Fridays
- 16 weeks of parental leave to all employees who become parents
- Rich health benefits in medical, dental, vision, virtual health + health advocate support
- Employee assistance program for mental health, childcare, legal, and financial support
- Home office support
- Charity matching program
- Gym subsidy
- Commuter benefits
- Disability insurance
OUAI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ancestry, race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.